Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil...

(New bird feeder, courtesy of the Yankee Candle flagship store in Williamsburg)

Yesterday consisted of an outing with a friend up to Williamsburg, Virginia, about an hour drive up north.  If you've never been to Williamsburg, I must recommend it.  It's absolutely beautiful there - everything is so good and green and alive and happy.  Think of the Hulk, but skipping and picking flowers.  That kind of good. 

So we went to the Yankee Candle flagship store and the outlet mall, and enjoyed an awesome lunch at Cracker Barrel (really, is there EVER anything better than hot roast beef and mashed potatoes and gravy?).  Our day trip lasted longer than we expected, so I didn't have time to get back and pick up any mulch for my flower beds.  So I'll be doing that today - providing the Sears guys gets here soon to replace a part on the fridge. 

I felt so bad that I didn't have a chance to do my one-a-day on the house that I did something eccentric.  Or crazy.  Your call.  I was locking up for the night when I stepped out on the porch and realized the weather was incredible.  Beautiful night, comfy, no mosquitoes.  I thought, surely I could just hang up my new bird feeder and feel like I'd accomplished something.  Well, I did hang it up.  But the night was so awesome that it rejuvenated me, and I sat down to plant one of my flowers.  Before I knew it, I'd planted all 17 plants, and it was 3:30.  Since my beds are still lacking mulch, above is at least a shot of my sweet new bird feeder until my beds are in photogenic shape.  By the way, the birdseed is at the store with the mulch.  Just sayin'.

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I bet your neighbors thought you were nuts....lol! Maybe that's what my problem is....I've been trying to get things done in the DAYTIME....I should have been doing them at night all along!

    {{HUGS}}

    Robin :o)

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you think, but please remember that this is a drama free zone! Constructive criticism is great, but no flaming or disrespect to anyone!